Monday, January 31, 2011

January 25th, 2011



The other day while studying for one of my classes, I glanced down at my wrist and noticed that I was wearing three different bracelets all standing for different beliefs. The first gold and copper bracelet is a hindu aum shivaya healing bracelet. Shiva is the great teacher that brings the many lessons we must learn and accept to make progress on the spiritual path, as well as the destroyer of an ego that prevents from moving forward in liberation. The second bracelet is a bracelet with different saints from the Catholic religion, it has photos on Jesus, Mary, Saint Francis, Saint Michael, Saint Anthony etc. The last red string bracelet is a bracelet called Mukhi Rudraksha depending on how many bracelets you wear depends on what you are trying to practice. For exampling wearing one bracelet is to help you concentrate on one thing at a time, helps you meditate, and helps you to try to detach yourself from material objects. [If you were to wear four bracelets it can help you with anxiety or insomnia, wearing up to 7 bracelets will help you focus on acquiring wealth.] As I glance down at my wrist i think to myself, "I wish the religions and spirituality of the world could coexist..like the way the bracelets do on my wrist, just sit next to one another and honor one anothers meaning."

No comments:

Post a Comment