Thursday, January 13, 2011

January 10th, 2011


"All that we have is hope and love, so don't you worry child, don't you worry about a thing in the night, but those can rise above, can rise above the madness. Soon we'll find our way home 'cause we all need a little healing sometimes, soon we'll find our own way home, 'cause we all need a little healing, so give love it's the only thing that heals you."- Brett Dennen
I received this book as an extremely thoughtful gift from Kristin. This book is GREAT for ideas of how to help everywhere over the world and the best part about this book is they give you the resources. Who to call and how to set-up a trip to get involved. As I look through this book I couldn't help but bookmark almost every page of places I want to go to help! Not only is it over-seas trip but also plaves you can help in the U.S.! They have ways to help animals, children, elders, those with disablities, those in poverty, and those in your own neighborhood. One trip I am going to set up, is staying with Native Americans in Washington state. You live with these familes on reservations and they teach you everything about their tribe, their lay of the land and the history of their people. How amazing it will be to learn from these families, I. CAN.NOT.WAIT. BAH!

1 comment:

  1. This sounds wonderful! I look forward to reading more about it.

    ReplyDelete