Monday, March 14, 2011

Sunday 27th

Up in the air! On our way to Punta Cana, Dominican Republic. The DR was a quick three hour flight out of Philadelphia. I was a bit hesitant on heading to Punta Cana simply to soak up the sun when the country is in such poverty. Also with Haiti right next to, with the devistation of the earthquake and being the poorest country in the Western Hemisphere I couldn't help but think of the missionary trip I took two years early to the country. It was a silent struggle the whole plane ride. I deciced to take the advice I took from a girlfriend of mine earlier that week, when I was speaking about it with her she told me not to feel guilty because going to their country offered jobs and lively hoods for people and tourism is what they live off of. She is right, so with that in my mind I took a deep breathe and kept telling myself I was helping the country.

No comments:

Post a Comment